Monday, February 28, 2011

MIC BULLY BLOG INTERVIEW WITH KIA SHINE


Let's jump right into this with a simple question. Whats New with Kia Shine?
3month old son, Carter James Coleman. He was featured in my "Dedication" viral video I released last Christmas on WSHH and several other sites. My wife and I have been blessed with 2 boys since the release of my last studio album "Due Season" and I've grown so much since then. I'm currently completing the second installment of my Mixtape Series Alarm Clock Theory. My next studio project Due Season II "God&My Grind" and there are a few other ventures in route, but I rather speak on them as they are released.

How often do you actually record music?
Since I write and produce and feature for other artist, I'm always doing something musically and recording. However, due to my other ventures, businesses and family it becomes hard to find time to just record my own music. That's why it's taken so long to release my upcoming projects. But timeless music takes time.

If we took a look through your computer how many unreleased tracks would we bump into?
You'd find lots of beats and hooks that I have on deck like a sailor to sell. As far as songs not to many. If I dig it enough to put a verse on it, I'm releasing it. I'm a perfectionist.

What other Artist would we find?
I got a lot early Yo Gotti material, from when I had him signed.

What is the Connect The Dots Movement all about?
Its my consulting firm. I've been in the game for 12 years and my successes have been diverse in every area of the game, therefore I have wisdom and experience that saves my clients time and money. It's a mapquest to your rapquest or whatever your talent is. I provide a service that is much needed, (901)314-3375 call Byrd to setup a consultation.

Describe the perfect type of beat for Kia Shine to drop a record on?
A track that has its own identity before I say one adlib or line on it. A beat that has a feel, an emotion. No matter whether club, laidback or soulful.


What is the best advice you can give a up&coming Artist to have success in the Rap game?
Pray, Grind, Sacrifice, hold on to your faith, love your craft and
call Connect The Dots.

Follow and find out more from Kia Shine.

1 comment:

  1. Nice interview. Due Season was a slept on classic. I love that Album. Can't wait for Due Season 2 or ACT2.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...