Friday, April 22, 2011

VIBE TALKS WITH 50 CENT ON DRAKE, HOLLYWOOD AND DR. DRE

For the April/May issue of VIBE, 50 Cent appears on the cover and they talk with him about his relationship with Dr. Dre, his movie career and more.


Take a look at some of what he had to say below:

Do you think Dr. Dre really cares about your headphone line competing with his?
I have a strong personality, a strong character. And I can be difficult to deal with at certain points because I’m vocal. If you upset Em, he’s just gonna not talk to you. You’re not going to get him in the next room you wanna get him in. With Dre, the same. He’s not comfortable with friction. That [tweet] is, “Hey look, I’m here. Is everybody still paying attention?” So they go, “Why he say that? Why he say we mad?” Then the meeting happens.

Why should [Drake] have won [a Grammy award] this year?
He did a lot, man. I don’t believe that Drake would have been as successful or his project would have been as successful if Lil’ Wayne was home. That point where Wayne had to sit down provided a complete focus on Drake. I didn’t get it the year I was supposed to get it, for different reasons. I think the board is not young. They’re not hip. [In my case it was] just the choices to write the harsh reality. I point to that.

Now you’re dealing with the reality of Hollywood. You shed 54 pounds for your latest role. Why?
Things Fall Apart is a passion project for me. I disciplined myself physically more than I had up to this point.


Samuel Jackson said you rappers shouldn’t be taking all the movie roles.
Well, yeah. He said something about me earlier. I was a fan of him before and after he said it. You understand, if you are that passionate... That person has disciplined himself and trained himself.

You can read the rest of what 50 talked about in the full article here.

Related News: Dr. Dre Says he Never heard of SLEEK by 50 Cent
Related News: 50 Cent on the Cover VIBE April/May Issue
Related News: Setup Movie Trailer Starring 50 Cent & Bruce Willis
Related News: 50 Cent Mixtape - Don't Call It a Come Back

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...