Friday, October 28, 2011

A$AP ROCKY SIGNS $3 MILLION DEAL WITH SONY/RCA


If your not familiar with Harlem's own A$AP Rocky, now may be the time to get aquainted. His mixtape LiveLoveA$ap drops October 31st and Sony/RCA already signed the rapper to a $3 million deal ($1.7 million for his solo output and $1.3 million to fund a group label called A$AP Worldwide). That's $1 million more than the amount rapper Drake received as an advance when he signed to the Young Money camp. In a recent interview A$AP breaks down exactly what is expected of him.

When asked why he gravitated to a major label instead of an indie situation he said:

"About three million dollars. [Other rappers who don't sign] are smart, but I feel like Sony/RCA is a family and the people there actually care about me. When I came to meet [Polo Grounds Music founder] Bryan Leach, I got to know him on a personal level-- he would set up car service for me to go to other labels. He wanted to see me make it. He's from Harlem.

I'm going to have creative control; there's no bullshit. The situation is almost unrealistic. I mean, five months ago I had about $3,000 in my bank account. Now I'm worth $3 million. Nobody's gotten a deal like that since 50 Cent."


Check out the video below and you read the full interview on Pitchfork.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...