Thursday, October 20, 2011

LIL WAYNE'S INTERVIEW WITH GQ MAGAZINE PLUS BTS PHOTOSHOOT


A couple days ago we told you Lil Wayne covers GQ Magazine November issue and we have his interview and behind the scenes cover shoot for the Survivors segment.

On Retirement:

"Basically, I have been doing this for eighteen years. That's reason number one. I have accomplished all that I have set out to accomplish and more. Also, I have a label, and I've only put out two artists [Drake and Nicki Minaj]. I have a lot more work to do, and it'd be selfish to not focus on being the boss and focus on their projects. But the main reason is my kids, my children. Now, if I thought I'd be selfish to my artists, imagine what I think I would be doing to my kids."

On his drug use:

"I'm good. I ain't tripping. I'm used to it now. But I was never on heroin or cocaine or Ecstasy or nothing like that. I drank syrup and smoked a lotta weed. I wish I could be back on it. That's how it fucking feels. [cracking himself up] "How does it feel to be sober?" I'll be like, "It feels fucked-up." What you want me to say? "It feels great"? No. I was on something that the doctor prescribed. I was ill, and that was helping me."

On skateboarding:

"You know, I don't know. Everybody asks me that question, like, What made you start skating? Yeah, well, um...I don't know. I'm still like a kid, because unfortunately my childhood was raped away from me because I became a star, a rapper, or whatever you want to call it, and you can't be a kid and a rapper at the same time. So I watch television and I get real amped. Like, people watch commercials, and they're like, Who's gonna buy that? I'm the person they make the commercials for. I watch them, and I'm like, Oh God, that's awesome."

To read more in this detailed interview with Lil Wayne (and there is much more) here is the full article GQ.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...