Wednesday, November 9, 2011

LIL WAYNE & DRAKE WILL NO LONGER DROP JOINT ALBUM BEACAUSE OF WATCH THE THRONE


Drake spoke to XXL about the album he and Lil Wayne were in talks to put together. He said they would no longer put it out because it would be compared to Jay-Z and Kanye's Watch the Throne album as opposed to being judged on how good it is.

“Me and Wayne scrapped the idea of a collaboration album, we just agreed that it would be looked upon as… It would be sort of this competition [with Watch The Throne]. I feel like it would get caught in this whirlwind of hype. We just said, if we do it, we’ll do it down the line. But right now is not the time." -Drake

Drake's album Take Care is due out November 15th, even though it has already been leaked. He is also working on mixtape with Rick Ross entitled Y.O.L.O, which means You Only Live Once.

“I’ve been working on that for the last couple of weeks, we haven’t really connected because he’s been going through this thing with his health. I’ve been stashing my little beats and verses. I don’t have a drop date for it or a time for it.  To be honest, it’s something I just really wanted to pop up out of nowhere. I’m not gonna release  no single or anything. It’s something I want to do because I enjoy like working with Ross.” -Drake

You can read the rest of the story here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...